Ana Finel Honigman is a New York-born art and fashion writer with a Doctorate degree in the History of Art from Oxford University. She lives in Berlin and Baltimore, where she is currently reading for a Masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Johns Hopkins University.
Cult Artists: 50 Cutting-Edge Creatives You Need to Know (White Lion Publishing) is Ana's survey of the most progressive and transgressive artists in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Ana writes about contemporary art and fashion for magazines including AnOther Magazine, Aperture, Art in America, artnet.com, Art Journal, Artforum.com, Artsy ,Australian Vogue, British Vogue, Daily Beast, Dazed & Confused, Dazeddigital.com, Frieze, Guardian Unlimited, House Seven, ID, Interview, Italian Vogue, Modern Painters, New Inquiry, Paper. New York Times's Style section, Porter, Saatchi Online, Sleek, Style.com, TANK, Text
Recent Online Articles:
- ‘We Are a Blight on Nature’: Machine Master Conrad Shawcross on Artificial Intelligence, Acid House, and Turning a Car Into a Kinetic Sculpture
- Flying Colors: Beth Letain on Her Electrifying, ‘Slightly Perverse’ Painting Practice
- 'If I am not Offending people, There is something wrong,
' :Artist Natalie White on Using Her Art to Fight For the Equal Rights Amendment."
- 'You have to do your art yourself': Molly Crabapple on Art-World Hypocrisy, Spurring Name Brand Schools and Much, Much More.
- 'I think All I Do is Political But I'd Never Say That!': John Waters on Tabloids, Celebrity, and His Baltimore Museum of Art Retrospective